- Vibrant, lyrical painting from a leading member of the St Ives School of artists
- Signed and dated bottom right
- Authenticated by the Barns-Graham Trust on reverse
- Painting: H19.5cm x W24cm
- Framed dimensions: H42cm x W46cm
MEET THE MAKER
Wilhelmina Barns-Graham (1912-2004)
One of the leading British abstract artists of the 20th Century, 'Willie' Barns-Graham was born in Scotland but moved to Cornwall in the 1940s. Joining an illustrious artistic community whose members included Ben Nicholson and Barbara Hepworth, she became known for her sinuous, poetic compositions which combined flowing lines with solid forms. Her later work is notable for its free flowing brushwork and joyous use of colour, creating a sense of lightness and simplicity that can only be achieved by a master of her art.
Delivery for this item will be quoted prior to confirmation of order.